Australian regional homebrew CHAMPIONSHIPS
The Australian Regional Homebrew Championships will discover and celebrate the pre-eminent regional homebrewer.
In a winner-takes-all contest, Nosh Narrabri creates the leading platform for
homebrewers to face off under clear rules and fair competition.
Thank you to our sponsors
With $2,200 worth of prizes for the winner, it's well worth your while spending a few of your weekends brewing up a storm in your secret home-brew location, perfecting the winning beer for 2017!
To enter please fill out the form below and you'll be emailed a competition number in order to submit your homebrew beer anonymously. Beers are to be delivered to the Narrabri Visitor Information Centre during business hours between 9am Monday 14th August - 5pm Wednesday 23rd August, 2017.
Winners will be announced at the Nosh Narrabri Food & Wine Expo on Saturday 26th August, 2017.
Visitors will be able to taste a range of the competition beers (subject to availability).
Please see the Terms & Conditions below for more details. Any questions, feel free to contact the competition organiser Rohan on 0425222786 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to read the newspaper article about our homebrew competition, printed in The Courier on 1st June, 2017.
Good luck! Feel free to share this page among your homebrew buddies and communities.
The $2,200 winner-takes-all Prize
True Brew will provide $1025 worth of product
(Keg kit $480, Gas bottle $280, Fast ferment $140, 2x mangrove jacks pouches $75, 1x$50 voucher)
Barrett Burston Malting is providing $1000 cash.
New England Brewing Co. is providing $140 worth of their packaged beer.
Nosh Narrabri will be providing $35 cash
To enter, please fill out the form below and click on 'submit' when finished:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS of COMPETITION entry
1. The Australian Regional Homebrew Championships is wholly owned by the organizers, Nosh Narrabri Inc.
2. Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any non-conforming entries.
3. This competition will be conducted under the following rules for entry.
4. Any person who is not a member of the organizing committee, a judge or steward in this contest is permitted to enter.
5. Entrants are permitted to enter multiple times providing the same brew and recipe is not used more than one time. Entry will attract a $5 fee only AFTER the first five (5) free entries. This rule was changed on 24th July, 2017.
6. The competition is restricted to amateur brewers. This ensures the Australian Regional Homebrew Championships not open to brewers or beers that would be making product subject to excise duty. Any beer produced in licensed brewing premises is ineligible.
7. The Australian Regional Homebrew Championships is open to beers brewed from extract kits, wort kits, or any other source of fresh wort that is the choice of the brewer.
8. Entries must be submitted under the brewer's own name.
9. Each valid entry shall consist of one brew. For an entry to be valid, it must be styled on one of the following;
a. Pale Ale
10. Entrants will submit (2) beers in bottles of 500ml or larger. Either glass or plastic bottles are acceptable.
11. Entrants shall complete entry details online.
12. Entries will include the name and contact details of the brewer together with the recipe details. (The recipe is provided solely to allow judges to validate the winning entry.) Judges require a direct conversation (in person or on the phone) with the winning entrant before publicly awarding the prize to any contestant, therefore, contestants must be available in person, or by phone, to discuss their entry on August 26, 2017 to the satisfaction of the judges.
13. Entrants retain full intellectual property of their entries. Nosh Narrabri, the judges, committee or stewards are not permitted to publicly reveal any details of judged entries. All submitted entry details regarding the beer brewing process and/or ingredients shall be deleted and erased by the organisers within 7 days after the event.
14. Bottles must not have any unique identifying features on the bottle or cap that may identify an entrant. It is the duty of the competition stewards to attach suitable code on each bottle in each entry to ensure the correct identification of each entry remains with each entry. This is accomplished when entries are received and stored in preparation for judging.
15. The stewards will ensure that all entries will be served at the same temperature in unmarked glasses. The judges and the serving stewards will not be aware of the name of the brewer whose beer is being served. Stewards shall decant all entries behind a screen so that the judges cannot be aware of the entrant details. Only appointed stewards shall serve the judges.
16. Only the Nosh Narrabri Head Steward will be aware of the entrant details and their corresponding competition numbers.
17. Judging will be by blind tasting. Judge’s decisions are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
18. Completed judging/score sheets will be returned to the brewers within two weeks of completion of judging via email.
19. A single prize shall be awarded to the entrant with the highest number of aggregated points awarded by the judges.
20. The judging panel will be required to resolve any tie so that only one winner is found.
21. All bottles and contents remain the property of Nosh Narrabri and shall not be returned.
22. All entries must arrive at the Steward’s Office no later than Wednesday August 23rd 2017.
24. Whilst all care is taken when handling the entries, Nosh Narrabri takes no responsibility/liability resulting from any damages due to handling the items when in the care of the Stewards
25. Steward’s Office address for entries:
Australian Regional Homebrew Championships Gatekeeper,
Narrabri Visitor Information Centre
Tibbereena Street, Narrabri NSW 2390
Tel: 02 6799 6762
a. Valid entries must be carefully packaged to prevent breakages
Entrants should ensure they have completed the entry form online prior to sending entries.
i. a completed contestant identity form – printed from the completed online form
ii. $5.00 note (if this is your 5th entry or more)